Inter-school Psychology Quiz Competition
A Psychology Quiz Competition for Psychology Majors
- All online forms for the ISPQC should be accomplished on or before December 10, 2018. Entries beyond the deadline will not be accepted.
- A team shall be composed of 3 members with 1 alternate. There must be a faculty member who will be the team’s official coach in case of questions or complaints. The team shall be the official representative of the school/university.
- On the day of the ISPQC, all participants must confirm their registration with the contest committee at the registration area upon entrance in the venue. Each participant will be given a code inside a sealed envelope. The sealed envelope will be presented at the venue for admittance to the qualifying round. Failure to present such sealed envelope and/or opening the sealed envelope will be disqualified. The code will serve as the participants’ test identification.
- Confirmation of registration for participation in the Quiz Competition will close at exactly 10:00 am and late confirmation will not be entertained.
- All participating teams should be identified by either wearing their official school uniform, official Psych shirts or school I.D.
- Only the official coach of the participating team is authorized to raise questions or complaints on behalf of the team. Questions should be addressed to the Board of Judges. The complaint should be settled before the Quizmaster reads the next question. The decision of the panel of judges is considered final.
- The board of judges is composed of three (3) psychologists who are members of the Psychological Association of the Philippines (PAP) and respected in their areas of practice.
- Qualifying Round
- Each participant answers a fifty (50) item questionnaire and a corresponding answer sheet is provided to write their answers.
- Twenty-five (25) minutes are allotted to answer the questionnaire. The answer sheets will be collected after 25 minutes.
- The scores of the team members will be summed and the possible total score of the team is one hundred and fifty (150). The top ten (10) teams that garner the highest total scores will move to the final round.
- The ten (10) teams shall be asked twenty (20) questions. Each correct answer is given an equivalent of ten (10) points. Total perfect score is two hundred (200) points.
- Five (5) points will be deducted from the team for every blank or wrong answer. Surnames/terms that are misspelled will be considered wrong.
- The Quizmaster will read the questions twice only.
- Each team will be provided with a blank card to write their answers.
- The participants will be given ten (10) seconds to write their answers on the blank card after the Quizmaster reads the question twice. All answers on the card will be raised and shown to the judges at a given signal.
- Failure to comply with the time signal will render the answer invalid.
- Should there be a tie, the Quizmaster will give another question to break the tie. The scores of the teams will be written on a scoreboard facing the contestants.
- The team that gets the highest scores will be declared 1st, 2nd and 3rd Placers accordingly.
SOURCES OF QUESTIONS
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Psychological Assessment
- Behavioral Statistics
- Industrial Psychology